German luxury car manufacturer launched their latest and most premium SUV, the new GLS-Class, in India yesterday. In this article, we sum up this vehicle and tell you 10 facts that you need to know about it.
1. The all new GLS follows the new nomenclature format of Mercedes-Benz and it is the replacement for the older GL-Class. Powering this big SUV is a 3.0 litre, turbocharged V6 diesel engine that produces 255 bhp and a stellar 620Nm of torque.
2. The power is harnessed by a 9 speed, 9G-Tronic automatic transmission that the driver can control using paddle shifters. Being a trueblue SUV, the GLS comes with 5 driving modes (comfort, sport, slippery/ice, auto and individual) that can be toggled through using a dial in the centre console.
3. Convenience features in this vehicle include an automatic climate control system, thermally controlled cupholders, ambient interior illumination and electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, amongst others. The GLS is high on safety as well, featuring 8 airbags, attention assist, crosswind assist, a 360 degree camera, Pre-Safe, adaptive LED headlight clusters and active parking assist
4. Mercedes-Benz has also equipped the GLS with an 8 inch COMAND Online infotainment system with touch input, voice recognition, Mercedes-Benz apps, a panoramic sunroof, metal running boards with rubber bushes, 7 seats and more. The new GLS measures 5130mm in length, 2141mm in width and 1850mm in height. A wheelbase of 3075mm maximises the space inside the passenger cabin. The boot capacity can be enlarged by folding down the middle and last row of seats to 2300 litres.
5. Buyers can order the vehicle in one of six exterior paint colour options. There are also different choices of interior colour themes available on offer, for added personalisation. If you want to put a new Mercedes-Benz GLS on your driveway, it will set you back by INR 80.40 lakhs (ex-showroom, Pune).
source – motortrend